Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Level 3, equivalent to A level)
The AAT Level 3 Accounting (Advanced Diploma in Accounting) qualification introduces you to the more complex bookkeeping and accounting knowledge and skills required for working in the finance industry.
With our courses for accounting and bookkeeping you will learn how to make adjustments such as working from partial information, correction of errors, producing an Extended Trial Balance, VAT Return, Costings report, producing reports in preparation of financial statements and accounts for Sole Traders and Partnerships.
Our AAT level 3 accounting courses include 4 units where you will sit an exam at the end of each unit. Once you have completed and passed the exams you will have to sit a Synoptic assessment that includes elements of the 4 units already studied PLUS you will be tested on knowledge of Spreadsheet Software and Professional Ethics.
The 4 units cover:-
- Advanced Bookkeeping (Computer based exam)
- Final Accounts Preparation (Computer based exam)
- Management Accounting: Costing (Computer based exam)
- Indirect Tax (Computer based exam)
The above units will also be tested within the Synoptic Assessment along with the following units:
- Spreadsheet Software
- Professional Ethics
Exams and Synoptic Assessments are to be taken at any one of over 200 AAT approved exam venues.
- To find your nearest venue go to https://www.aat.org.uk/assessment/assessment-venue/search
- Just enter your postcode and the distance in miles you are willing to travel and hit Submit. You will see the venues in order starting with the nearest to you.
The majority of students start with Level 2 but in some cases they may have relevant academic qualifications or work experience enabling them to start at Level 3.
If you feel this may be something that applies to you we have a Free online Skills check available.
This will help determine your current skills and knowledge and potential starting points, but it is still advisable to discuss this with one of our team where we can go through the details and finer points just to make sure you are able to progress without further learning.