This package includes the three units making up the Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping Course. Our unique and highly effective learning materials and resources have been developed to ensure you are able to progress smoothly and quickly through the units ensuring a higher rate of success.
Furthermore, purchasing this course will entitle you to apply for a TOTUM card
The 3 units cover:-
- Advanced Bookkeeping (AVBK)
This unit follows on from trial balance stage at level 2. You will learn how to prepare accounts from partial information, correction of errors and how to produce an Extended Trial Balance in preparation of preparing financial statements.
- Final Accounts Preparation (FAPR)
You will learn how to prepare financial accounts (statement of profit and loss and statement of financial position) for sole traders and partnerships.
- Indirect Tax (IDRX)
This unit covers the treatment of VAT, VAT thresholds, when to register for VAT, how to complete a VAT return and all you need to know about VAT for the small to medium business.
Professional ethics are covered within each of the above units.
- Training Link’s bespoke printed AND online materials
- FREE Study Accessory Pack
- Online resources significantly reduce the amount of time taken to complete the course
- Award winning Personal Tutor available via e-mail and telephone
- Extensive Exam Preparation
- Student Services Department operational 7 days a week
- Course Administration Department
- Training Link’s Student Street community is yours to engage in 24/7
- Entitlement to apply for a TOTUM card
Level 2 AAT Bookkeeping or equivalent. Please contact us if you hold a qualification or have experience in Bookkeeping and Accounts. We can then assess and advise on any exemptions that may be allowable.
A good understanding of the English language is essential.
Approximately 120 to 140 hours average study time with our time saving utilities.
Training Link’s AAT home study courses are specially written and created by our in-house team of highly experienced subject specialists and tutors, and have been created specifically for home study. All printed material is yours to keep for future reference and at no extra cost.
Your personal tutor will be available to you via e-mail and telephone during normal working hours and often during evenings and weekends. Access to our Student Services department is available 7 days per week by e-mail
Online resources, assignments and tests are accessible 24/7 on any device with an internet connection. You will also have access to the learning content and lessons within your personal learning area. Instant marking of assignments enables you to progress quickly and smoothly with your tutor on hand to answer any questions and guide you through the learning process.
On completion of your assignments you will receive comprehensive exam preparation and practice ensuring you are confident and fully prepared for the exams.
Join in with hundreds of Training Link students and staff on our ‘Student Street’ community where you will find useful discussion, help and even a bit of humour along the way.
The subscription fees are as follows: –
- Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping (BTRN & BKCL) – £49.00
- Foundation Award in Accounting Software (UACS) – £49.00
- Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping (Level 3) – £49.00
Q: What is the average completion time for these courses?
A: Much depends on how easily you adapt or if you have any previous knowledge or experience. Our statistics show that our students take anything from 2 months to 12 months to complete a Level 3 course.
Ofqual suggest the Total Qualification Time equates to 280 hours.
Unit 1 – Advanced Bookkeeping
- Apply the principles of advanced double-entry bookkeeping
- Implement Procedures for the Acquisition and Disposal of Non-Current Assets
- Record Period End Adjustments
- Produce and Extend the Trial Balance
Unit 2 – Final Accounts Preparation
- Distinguish Between the Financial Recording and Reporting Requirements of Different Types of Organisation
- Explain the need for final accounts and the accounting and ethical principles underlying their preparation
- Prepare accounting records from incomplete information
- Produce Accounts for Sole Traders
- Produce Accounts for Partnerships
Unit 3 – Indirect Tax
- Understand and apply VAT legislation requirements
- VAT Invoices and Tax Points
- Further Aspects of VAT
- VAT Schemes for Smaller Businesses
- VAT for Overseas Transactions
- The VAT Return
- HMRC and VAT Administration
The 3 units within Level 3 are assessed by means of Computer Based Assessments (CBA). These are to be completed at the approved AAT assessment centre of your choice (subject to availability).
Assessment fees are payable to the centre/venue and may incur an administration fee.
On completion of both units you will be presented with a Certificate from the AAT
A series of online knowledge tests throughout the courses, End of course tests and Online exam simulation tests (Mock Assessments) are the perfect way to ensure you have the best possible chance of success. Our specialist department will provide you with feedback advice and support, plus any additional lessons and tests you may need prior to taking an assessment.
Arranging an assessment:
A major advantage with our home study courses is the flexibility for taking assessments. There are over 200 external assessment venues available in the UK. To find your nearest venue go to https://www.aat.org.uk/assessment/assessment-venue/search
Just enter your postcode and the distance in miles you are willing to travel and hit Submit. You will see the venues in order starting with the nearest to you.
So when the time comes to take an assessment you can choose from the list and contact them to arrange a suitable time and date.
Award-Winning AAT Training
You can maximise your chances of success by choosing Training Link. And that’s reflected by the number of awards we’ve won that recognise our exceptional standards of educational excellence and tutor support.
We have over 23 years of experience in offering training and provide a level of expertise that competitors can’t match. And when we recently introduced our AAT courses, we were very quickly recognised by AAT and won Best New Training Provider at the AAT Awards 2018.