ICB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts
Take your studies to the next level and earn your ICB practice licence.
In this level 3 course, you will learn how to produce a VAT Return, control the sales and purchases ledgers, and post year-end adjustments. You will also learn how to produce the final accounts for sole traders, partnerships, not-for-profit organisations and Limited Companies. You’ll understand the basics of the different accounting standards (IFRS and UKGAAP).
This course is for ICB members who have already passed the ICB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping and want to upgrade to Level 3. After passing this level 3 you will be able to upgrade your ICB membership (and be awarded the designatory letters ‘MICB’) and can work as a self-employed bookkeeper.
No other training provider includes as many materials, lessons, examples and activities.
|Exceptional ICB pass rates|
|Study whenever you want – at your own pace|
|Award-winning tutor support|
|Dedicated accounting and bookkeeping training provider|
|Interest-free payment plans to spread the cost|
ICB Training Provider of the Year
With 11 wins, no other distance learning provider has won ICB Training Provider of the Year more than Training Link.
Training Link focuses on only three subjects: Accounting, Bookkeeping, and Payroll.
This keeps us focused on delivering the best student experience. And that’s why over the last 27 years we’ve won over 20 awards – from scooping AAT’s Best New Training Provider in 2018 to winning ICB’s Training Provider of the Year award 11 times!
Training Link has written and created all of the study material for our ICB courses.
And because we control this material, we can improve it based on student feedback and results. This is what helps Training Link students achieve outstanding pass rates.
- Printed Workbooks containing lessons, examples, activities and assessments, plus a Printed Model Answers Workbook
- Enhanced Learning Materials and Time Saving Utilities (Fast track)
- 24/7 Online assessments with instant marking
- Videos – On-demand tutorials and explainer videos
- Extensive exam practice and preparation (Mock exams with tutor feedback)
- Up to 12 months Award Winning Qualified 1 to 1 tutor support by e-mail and telephone
- Student Services support 7 days per week
- FREE Postage and packaging within the UK
- FREE access to ICB’s award-winning membership benefits scheme, ICBenefits
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers was established in 1996. They promote the bookkeeping profession, learning and education, and offer qualifications.
The ICB is the largest bookkeeping membership organisation in the world. There are over 150,000 students and members in over 100 countries.
ICB’s certification is based on exams and only the finest professionals are eligible for membership. Members need to maintain their status via Continuous Professional Development.
ICB’s rigorous standards give businesses the confidence that an ICB-certified Bookkeeper will have the highest standards. And that’s why it is a perfect pathway for anyone who wants to become a self-employed bookkeeper.
M4 Reconciliations and Final Accounts of a Sole Trader
Home/place of work-based assessment to include:
- Underpinning knowledge
- Reconciliation and correction of errors (customer and supplier reconciliations, bank reconciliation, correction of errors including the clearance of a suspense account balance)
- The calculation of summary figures for control accounts
- VAT Returns (cash and standard VAT Returns only but including EU transactions)
- Posting adjustments including disposal and acquisition of fixed assets
- Revaluation of assets
- Final accounts of a sole trader (profit and loss account and balance sheet)
M5 Final Accounts of a Partnership
Home/place of work-based covering knowledge and skills assessment to include:
- All of the requirements for paper M4 but set in a partnership scenario plus:
- Underpinning knowledge
- Ethical considerations
- Underpinning knowledge of the legal requirements for a partnership
- Final accounts of a partnership including the appropriation account and production of partners’ current accounts
- Calculations and bookkeeping entries to record a change of partnership (partnership ratios, goodwill, the effect on capital and current accounts etc.)
M6 Final Accounts for a Not-for-Profit Organisation
Home/place of work-based knowledge and skills assessment to include:
- All of the requirements of paper M4 but set in a not-for-profit scenario plus:
- Underpinning knowledge regarding not-for-profit organisations
- Understanding the different requirements of a chart of accounts for such an organisation
- Understand the concepts of the different forms of income for not-for-profit organisations including a subscriptions account
- Posting adjustments including the subscriptions account and disposal and acquisition of fixed assets
- Final accounts of a not-for-profit organisation
M7 Final Accounts for Incorporated Businesses
Home/place of work-based assessment to include:
- Final accounts including adjustments for a limited company (internal management accounts format only)
- Limited liability partnerships
- Calculation and interpretation of ratios
M8 Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts Synoptic Exam
This is a closed book, externally invigilated assessment you will take at home. It comprises a mixture of multi-choice and data entry questions which cover all parts of the syllabus.
Further details on the learning outcomes, assessment criteria, grading, and more can be found by accessing the ICB’s Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts Syllabus
You should have already achieved (or be exempt from) the Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping (2014 or 2018) or an equivalent with another awarding body.
If you have any questions please contact us.
On completion, you can upgrade your ICB membership status and use the letters MICB after your name. You can also use the title of ‘ICB Certified Bookkeeper’. You will also be able to work as a self-employed bookkeeper or work for a company as a bookkeeper.
End of course tests and Mock Exams are the perfect way to ensure you have the best possible chance of success.
Our specialist exams department will provide you with the latest end-of-course tests, plus online mock exams. Our online mock exams use the same system as the real exams so you will have a good idea of what to expect and ease your nerves at the same time.
You will receive specialist feedback, advice and support plus any extra lessons you may need before taking your exams. Your results are important to us so nothing will be spared during your exam preparations.
The cost of exams can increase at the discretion of the awarding body (ICB). If you include the exam fees as part of your enrolment, we will pay for all exam fees up to the agreed value at the time of purchase, but any subsequent increase in exam fees will need to be paid for by the student.
There are four 3-hour online exams; that can be taken at home or your place of work. You will need a reliable Internet connection and a computer.
The fifth exam is a 2-hour synoptic. This would typically be taken at an ICB exam centre, however, since Coronavirus this is currently available by remote invigilation. You would need to keep your webcam turned on throughout the exam.
Want more flexibility?
Our tutor support timeframes are deliberately generous and far exceed what most students need.
Most of our students finish well in advance of the course duration. But what happens if you do need a little longer?
This is where our course extension options come into play. We offer one-month, three-month, and six-month extensions so you can feel reassured by knowing that if you do need extra time you have that option.
Course package options
Spread payments over 3 years
Our finance option is provided in partnership with Omni Capital. For your finance application to be considered you must meet the following criteria:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Be employed for at least 16 hours per week or retired and in receipt of a private or company pension. Certain state benefit schemes may be considered.
- Be a permanent UK resident with a 3 year address history
- Have a good credit history with no late payments, debt relief orders or bankruptcies
- Have a valid email address and can access it
Please note that meeting the criteria listed above does not guarantee finance acceptance.
If you want to enrol on a course and you have questions about your Omni Capital application or want to discuss other payment options please call us on 0800 594 2822.
Find a course with the same standards and extra content for a better price and we will provide your course for free.