ICB Level 4 Certificate in Corporation Tax (for Micro and Small Businesses)
On successful completion of this qualification, you will be able to identify the duties and responsibilities of a tax agent and the elements of a corporation tax return.
You will be able to understand the administration and payment deadlines involved in corporation tax as well as calculate adjusted trading profits, relevant capital allowances and taxable total profits. The qualification will provide the skills to complete relevant sections of a corporation tax return and calculate gains, losses and available reliefs.
No other training provider includes as many materials, lessons, examples and activities.
|Exceptional ICB pass rates|
|Study whenever you want – at your own pace|
|Award-winning tutor support|
|Dedicated accounting and bookkeeping training provider|
|Interest-free payment plans to spread the cost|
ICB Training Provider of the Year
With 11 wins, no other distance learning provider has won ICB Training Provider of the Year more than Training Link.
Training Link focuses on only three subjects: Accounting, Bookkeeping, and Payroll.
This keeps us focused on delivering the best student experience. And that’s why over the last 27 years we’ve won over 20 awards – from scooping AAT’s Best New Training Provider in 2018 to winning ICB’s Training Provider of the Year award 11 times!
Training Link has written and created all of the study material for our ICB courses.
And because we control this material, we can improve it based on student feedback and results. This is what helps Training Link students achieve outstanding pass rates.
- Printed workbook containing lessons, examples and tasks
- Enhanced learning materials and time-saving utilities (Fast track)
- 24/7 Online assessments with instant marking
- Extensive exam practice and preparation (Mock exams with tutor feedback)
- Up to 6 months of award-winning qualified 1-to-1 tutor support by e-mail and telephone
- Student Services support 7 days per week
- Free postage and packaging
- Free access to ICB’s award-winning membership benefits scheme, ICBenefits
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers was established in 1996. They promote the bookkeeping profession, learning and education, and offer qualifications.
The ICB is the largest bookkeeping membership organisation in the world. There are over 150,000 students and members in over 100 countries.
ICB’s certification is based on exams and only the finest professionals are eligible for membership. Members need to maintain their status via Continuous Professional Development.
ICB’s rigorous standards give businesses the confidence that an ICB-certified Bookkeeper will have the highest standards. And that’s why it is a perfect pathway for anyone who wants to become a self-employed bookkeeper.
This qualification will enable the candidate to carry out the role of an employed or self-employed bookkeeper, and/or tax agent, submitting relevant documents to both Companies House and HMRC on behalf of clients or employers for limited liability entities in accordance with FRS105 and FRS102 Section 1A.
- 1.1 Understand the duties and responsibilities of a Tax Agent
- 1.2 Understand what is meant by an accounting period for Corporation Tax purposes
Calculate Adjusted Trading Profits
- 2.1 Understand the purpose of adjusted trading profits and identify disallowable expenditure
- 2.2 Compute adjusted trading profit for the period
- 3.1 Understand the nature and purpose of capital allowances
- 3.2 Prepare a computation for capital allowances
Calculation of Profits Chargeable to Corporation Tax
- 4.1 Understand Taxable Total profits
- 4.2 Determine the Corporation Tax Liability
- 4.3 Complete a CT Return
Gains Losses and Reliefs
- 5.1 Understand the procedure for determining gains and losses
- 5.2 Apply reliefs, deferrals and exemptions
- 5.3 Distinguish between Trading and Non-Trading Losses
Payment and Administration
- 6.1 Understand the process of payment and administration
Further details on the learning outcomes, assessment criteria, grading, and more can be found by accessing the ICB’s Level 4 Certificate in Corporation Tax for Micro and Small Businesses Syllabus
You need to have completed the Level 4 Financial Statements (Micro and Small Businesses) course before enrolling on this course.
If you have any questions please contact us.
After successful completion, you will be able to offer extra services to your clients. This boosts the amount you can earn from each client and helps to make you more indispensable to that business.
There is 24-hour exam.
You can take this from home or work. You will have 2 weeks from when you receive the exam to take it. Once activated you will have 24 hours to complete it.
The qualification is graded as Distinction, Merit or Pass.
This assessment is a home or workplace-based assessment and will be graded as follows:
- Distinction 95 -100%
- Merit 90 – 94%
- Pass 85 – 89%
- Fail 0 – 84%
*Examination conditions may be subject to change at the discretion of the awarding body.*
Want more flexibility?
Our tutor support timeframes are deliberately generous and far exceed what most students need.
Most of our students finish well in advance of the course duration. But what happens if you do need a little longer?
This is where our course extension options come into play. We offer one-month, three-month, and six-month extensions so you can feel reassured by knowing that if you do need extra time you have that option.
Course package options
Spread payments over 3 years
Our finance option is provided in partnership with Omni Capital. For your finance application to be considered you must meet the following criteria:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Be employed for at least 16 hours per week or retired and in receipt of a private or company pension. Certain state benefit schemes may be considered.
- Be a permanent UK resident with a 3 year address history
- Have a good credit history with no late payments, debt relief orders or bankruptcies
- Have a valid email address and can access it
Please note that meeting the criteria listed above does not guarantee finance acceptance.
If you want to enrol on a course and you have questions about your Omni Capital application or want to discuss other payment options please call us on 0800 594 2822.
Find a course with the same standards and extra content for a better price and we will provide your course for free.