Brand New 2019 Syllabus!
A3 is the final Unit of the Level 2 qualification
Our unique materials are completely up-to-date and mirror the Level 2 syllabus as set by the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB).
Tried and tested, and written by our very own course specialists.
As this unit is designed for the complete beginner, there are no prerequisites for this course. However, you must have basic numerical skills and a good understanding of the English language.
The course fee Includes:
- New Style Printed Workbook containing lessons, examples, activities and assessments
- 180 days access to Sage 50 Professional Software (Version 24)
- FREE Postage and packaging within the UK
The following Units can be taken on completion of the ‘A3’ Unit.
- Level 3 ‘M4’ Practical Bookkeeping
- Level 3 ‘M4’ Computerised Bookkeeping
- Level 3 ‘M5, M6 and M7’ Practical Bookkeeping
- Setting Up a New Business
- Getting Started
- Rebuilding data & manual configuration
- Company set-up wizard
- Opening balances
- Product Codes
- Setting up New Customers/Suppliers
- Adding New Customers
- Invoices with Trade/Settlement Discounts
- Settlement Discounts
- Customer Invoicing Procedure
- Supplier Invoices
- Customer Receipts & Supplier Payments
- Customer Receipts
- Payments on Account
- Bad Debt Write Offs & Sale of Assets
- Bad Debt Write Off
- Bad Debt Recovered
- Sale of Assets
- Bank Reconciliation
- Wages / Salaries & Voluntary Deductions
- Wages & Salaries
- Voluntary Deductions
- Cash Account & Petty Cash Account
- Cash Account
- Petty Cash Account
- Allocating Credit Notes
- Health & Safety
- The Use of Computers
If you choose to sit the exam at the end of this unit, you would be required to have registered as a student with the ICB first. You would also be required to have sat and passed the ‘A1’ and ‘A2’ papers. You would then contact the ICB to book your exam.
Paper A3 – Data entry to trial balance using a computerised accounts package
Home /place of work based test to include the use of a computerised accounting package to include:
- Opening of entries
- Entry of cash and credit transactions
- Production of a trial balance
- Production of reports for debtors, creditors, bank, VAT and the audit trail