On successful completion of this qualification a candidate will be able to identify the duties and responsibilities of a tax agent and the elements of a corporation tax return. The candidate will be able to understand the administration and payment deadlines involved in corporation tax as well as calculate adjusted trading profits, relevant capital allowances and taxable total profits. The qualification will provide the skills to complete relevant sections of a corporation tax return and calculate gains, losses and available reliefs.
If you intend on sitting the exam at the end of this unit, then you will need to be a member of the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) and hold a current, valid ICB Level 3 qualification.
It is also advisable that you have completed the Level 4 Financial Statements (Micro and Small Businesses) course as well.
Basic numerical skills and a good understanding of the English language would also be advantageous.
The course fee Includes:
- New Style Printed Workbook containing lessons, examples, tasks, assignments and answers
- FREE Postage and packaging within the UK
- Chapter 1: Underpinning Knowledge
- Chapter 2: Calculate Adjusted Trading Profits
- Chapter 3: Capital Allowances
- Chapter 4: Profits Chargeable to Corporation Tax for an Incorporated Business under FRS105 and FRS102 Section 1A
- Chapter 5: Gains, Losses and Reliefs
- Chapter 6: Payment and Administration
This qualification will enable the candidate to carry out the role of an employed or self-employed bookkeeper, and/or tax agent, submitting relevant documents to both Companies House and HMRC on behalf of clients or employers for limited liability entities in accordance with FRS105 and FRS102 Section 1A.
- 1.1 Understand the duties and responsibilities of a Tax Agent
- 1.2 Understand what is meant by an accounting period for Corporation Tax purposes
Calculate Adjusted Trading Profits
- 2.1 Understand the purpose of adjusted trading profits and identify disallowable expenditure
- 2.2 Compute adjusted trading profit for the period
- 3.1 Understand the nature and purpose of capital allowances
- 3.2 Prepare a computation for capital allowances
Calculation of Profits Chargeable to Corporation Tax
- 4.1 Understand Taxable Total profits
- 4.2 Determine the Corporation Tax Liability
- 4.3 Complete a CT Return
Gains Losses and Reliefs
- 5.1 Understand the procedure for determining gains and losses
- 5.2 Apply reliefs, deferrals and exemptions
- 5.3 Distinguish between Trading and Non-Trading Losses
Payment and Administration
- 6.1 Understand the process of payment and administration
If you choose to sit the exam at the end of this unit, you would be required to be registered with the ICB first. You would also be required to be qualified to Level 3. To give you the best chance of exam success, it is also advisable that you have completed the Level 4 Financial Statements (Micro and Small Businesses) course as well. You would then contact the ICB to book your exam.
The exam can be taken from home or work, and comprises of one 24 hour exam. You will have 2 weeks from when you receive the exam to take it. Once activated you will have 24 hours to complete it.