Self-Assessment Tax Returns 2022-23
This unit has been accredited by the CPD Certification Service.
Our Self-Assessment Tax Returns course could be the perfect option.
This course is perfect for the practising Bookkeeper or Accountant who would like to offer additional services to their clients.
Accredited by the CPD Certification Service, this course carries 160 CPD points.
Once complete, you will receive the appropriate certification from the CPD Certification Service.
You will receive comprehensive study material containing lessons, examples and activities. You also get access to our e-learning platform which contains your assessments.
Self-Assessment Tax Returns
- Printed Workbook containing lessons, examples and tasks
- 24/7 Online assessments with instant marking
- Final assessment with tutor feedback
- Up to 6 months Award Winning Qualified 1-to-1 tutor support by e-mail and telephone
- Duties and Responsibilities of the Bookkeeper / Tax Agent
- Explain what is meant by the terms: Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax
- Explain the principles of taxation appropriate to individuals, Sole Traders and Partnerships
- Identify the main sources of Income and reliefs for an individual
- Identify the types of returns that may be completed
- Identify sources of assistance
Entering Details of Personal Income onto a Self-Assessment Return
- Identify the main sources of personal income
- Identify the various types of tax reliefs that can be claimed
- Identify the elements of Employment Income and allowable expenses, and complete the relevant pages
- Explain the types of Income from property and allowable expenditure and complete the relevant pages
Entering Details of Business Income and Expenditure for Unincorporated Businesses onto the Relevant Returns
- Identify the returns that need to be completed by sole traders and partners
- Explain the principle of basis periods applicable to sole traders and partnerships
- Explain the purpose of, and determine, adjusted trading profits for sole traders and partnerships
- Explain the purpose of Capital Allowances (Equipment, Motor Vehicles and Other)
- Identify trading losses for individuals and partnerships
- Complete the partnership return and the relevant section of the self-assessment return
- Complete the relevant sections of the self-assessment return
- Explain the purpose of Simpler Income Tax for the Simplest Small Business and complete the Self-Assessment Return
- Explain the elements of capital gains tax
- Apply relief’s deferrals and exemptions
- Explain the treatment of gains and losses
Calculating Tax and National Insurance Contributions Due and Filing Returns
- Determine taxable income and tax payable
- Identify NI Contributions payable
- Explain the procedure for payment and administration
Foreign Income and Residence Basis
- Explain how to treat foreign income
- Explain the criteria for residence and remittance
Approximately 60 to 80 hours of active study time.
No exams are required.