Institute of Certified Bookkeepers – Bookkeeping and Accounting qualifications
Institute of Certified Bookkeepers Syllabus for Employed and Self Employed Bookkeepers
Fully accredited by the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers, we are the most successful training provider of ICB courses.
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) is the largest bookkeeping organisation in the world; the institute offer professional qualifications and the ICB syllabus is constantly updated to fall in line with any new laws or legislation. The level of qualification achieved denotes membership level which can be reflected by using designated letters after your name.
In their role as a membership body they provide ongoing support to members to ensure they are knowledgeable and up to date with the latest legislation, mindful of their ethical obligations, and best-placed to provide a trusted and exemplary service to business.
The ICB believe that sound financial management can have a profound effect on society at a personal, professional and global level. They are passionate about empowering students of all ages and backgrounds to learn new skills, find fulfilling employment or set up their own businesses. By creating a pool of highly qualified bookkeeping talent, the Institute endeavour to help business owners take control of their finances at the right cost and, in turn, support the economy as a whole.
Other benefits of membership are:
- Membership certificate sealed by the Institute
- Membership card
- Access to the ‘members only’ section on the Institute’s web site
- Notification of Bookkeeping Job Vacancies in your area
- Free Technical advice line covering all aspects of bookkeeping
- Free legal advice line for business and personal usage
- Free access to technical and legal downloads
- Free updates on changes to legislation which might affect bookkeeping
- Free advice and guidance on setting up a private practice (Self Employed)
- Free information on employment opportunities which arise
- Regional meetings
- CPD (continuing professional development) seminars
- Access to ICB Plus – Exclusive offers on professional and everyday products and services
Much has changed in the way a business operates financially, with a variety of methods available for making/receiving payments. Added to that, the ever changing legislation and taxation that they have to deal with. Businesses have to adapt to new trading methods and legal standards in line with ever changing legislation and tax laws. If not, they risk facing heavy penalties and fines, or even worse, go out of business.
The ICB syllabus ensures that whether you wish to:
- complete your own bookkeeping and accounts
- or if you’re seeking employment in bookkeeping and accounts
- or even if you’re planning to trade as a self-employed bookkeeper
you are fully prepared and will understand a range of topics in line with the latest occupational and industry standards.
The ICB syllabus structure consists of:
- Level 2 Affiliate (AfICB) – This is designed for those wishing to seek employment or prepare their own books up to Trial Balance.
Click the following link to view the Level 2 syllabus.
- Level 3 Associate (AICB) – This is designed for those wishing to upgrade their skills and qualifications in their job roles or make the step into becoming a self-employed bookkeeper.
Click the following link to view the Level 3 syllabus.
- Level 4 Full Member (MICB) – This course covers more advanced topics in Bookkeeping and Accounts.
Click the following link to view the Level 4 syllabus.
Designatory letters ‘AfICB’, ‘AICB’ or ‘MICB’ can be used after your name upon successful completion of exams and upgrading membership with the ICB.
Sign up to one of our courses and gain access to our Online Enhanced Learning Resource, offering you e-books, extra lessons, tests and much more. Click the following image to watch our “Introduction to ROGO” video: –
Courses can be taken as individual modules or as complete packages. Packages are available at heavily discounted rates where you can save up to 60% on course fees.
Please note: Whilst not a requirement, throughout your learning journey we always recommend that you take the ICB mock exams prior to taking the formal exams. These, plus any resits that need to be taken are at an additional cost.
You might very well be wondering if bookkeeping, or indeed home study is suitable for you. We know that for most of you this can be a big step. With this in mind we have an Introduction to Bookkeeping course available for just £35 (normal price £45). This course provides you with an affordable opportunity to learn about the fundamentals of bookkeeping. It will also give you an opportunity (should you wish to) to interact with a specialist home study tutor who will answer your questions and mark your assignments.
The whole process is exactly the same as you will find with all of our ICB courses. You will not only have an understanding of bookkeeping, but also be in a better position to decide if you wish to take your bookkeeping studies to a higher level. You can discuss this with your tutor or one of our course consultants. If you decide to take the plunge, we will deduct the £35 off your next purchase.
As a newly enrolled student, you will also have the opportunity to join our Facebook student community page ‘Student Street‘. Details will be e-mailed to you once you have been registered on our system.
Additionally, enrolling on one of our course packages also entitles you to apply for an NUS Extra card.
Still unsure? Why not request one of our no obligation free trials:
Click the following link to view the range of ICB Bookkeeping courses on offer.