ICB Level 3 Diploma in Payroll Management
Covering the latest 2023/24 tax year, get qualified in Payroll with this level 3 ICB course.
The ICB Level 3 Diploma in Payroll Management course is suitable for beginners and you will gain the knowledge and qualification you need for a career in payroll management. It’s also ideal if you have worked in payroll but want formal recognition that comes from qualifying.
It’s perfect if you want to:
- Set up your own payroll business
- Offer a payroll service for a bookkeeping and accountancy practice
- Gain a better understanding to do your own employee payroll
It requires 50-65 hours of study time and it is the latest edition which covers the 2023/2024 Tax Year.
You will have up to 6 months with full tutor support to complete this course, but it can be completed more quickly.
Whilst you have full access to BrightPay software for the duration of your course, you also have the option to add Sage 50 Payroll (Levels 1 & 2), further expanding your knowledge and application of Payroll software.
No other training provider includes as many materials, lessons, examples and activities.
|Exceptional ICB pass rates|
|Study whenever you want – at your own pace|
|Award-winning tutor support|
|Dedicated accounting and bookkeeping training provider|
|Interest-free payment plans to spread the cost|
ICB’s Large Training Provider of the Year – 10 years in a row
Training Link focuses on only three subjects: Accounting, Bookkeeping, and Payroll.
This keeps us focused on delivering the best student experience. And that’s why over the last 27 years we’ve won over 20 awards – from scooping AAT’s Best New Training Provider in 2018 to winning ICB’s Training Provider of the Year award 11 times!
Training Link has written and created all of the study material for our ICB courses.
And because we control this material, we can improve it based on student feedback and results. This is what helps Training Link students achieve outstanding pass rates.
- 2 workbooks containing lessons, examples and tasks for manual Payroll plus a model answers workbook
- 1 workbook which covers computerised Payroll using BrightPay software and 1 Activity Answer book
- All support and associated software
- 19 x Assessments all available online PLUS 5 x computerised assessments
- Access to BrightPay software (unlimited use)
- Up to 6 months award winning qualified priority tutor support by e-mail and telephone
- 3 x Mock exams with tutor marking and feedback
- Free postage and packaging
- Free access to ICB’s award-winning membership benefits scheme, ICBenefits
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers was established in 1996. They promote the bookkeeping profession, learning and education, and offer qualifications.
The ICB is the largest bookkeeping membership organisation in the world. There are over 150,000 students and members in over 100 countries.
ICB’s certification is based on exams and only the finest professionals are eligible for membership. Members need to maintain their status via Continuous Professional Development.
ICB’s rigorous standards give businesses the confidence that an ICB-certified Bookkeeper will have the highest standards. And that’s why it is a perfect pathway for anyone who wants to become a self-employed bookkeeper.
This course provides the underpinning knowledge and practical aspects of UK Payroll processes and systems.
The computerised section of this course is based on BrightPay software. BrightPay is suitable for all companies (it is capable of dealing with unlimited employees and directors) and for a professional bookkeeper or accountant.
Learning how to use this software eliminates the need for extra training and you can easily adapt to other payroll software. And you will enhance your CV when applying for jobs with larger companies.
We provide you with a fully working version of the software for your studies. BrightPay works on both Windows and Mac but the screenshots were taken on the Windows version, so there might be some differences.
The course is structured to allow you to study in your own time, at your own pace.
Units – Latest edition covering 2023/2024 Tax Year
- Chapter 1: Recruitment and Hiring
- Chapter 2: Employment Law and Rights
- Chapter 3: Employer Responsibilities
- Chapter 4: Payroll Systems
- Chapter 5: Gross Pay
- Chapter 6: Taxation and Tax Codes
- Chapter 7: PAYE – Pay as You Earn
- Chapter 8: PAYE Scotland and Wales
- Chapter 9: National Insurance Contributions
- Chapter 10: Net Pay
- Chapter 11: Starters and Leavers
- Chapter 12: K Codes
- Chapter 13: Directors PAYE and NIC
- Chapter 14: Holiday Entitlement and Holiday Pay
- Chapter 15: Statutory Deductions: SSP
- Chapter 16: Statutory Payments and Deductions: SMP, SPP, SAP, ShPP
- Chapter 17: Student and Postgraduate Loans, Attachment of Earnings Orders and Other Deductions
- Chapter 18: Pensions
- Chapter 19: Benefits in Kind (BIK)
- Chapter 20: Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)
- Chapter 21: PAYE Reporting and Deadlines, Dismissal, Grievance and Redundancy
Further details on the learning outcomes, assessment criteria, grading, and more can be found by accessing the ICB’s Level 3 Diploma in Payroll Management Syllabus
The computerised section combines the skills and processes learnt in the manual course above. You will apply these to the BrightPay software to help you thoroughly understand day-to-day payroll.
There are no prerequisites, but you need to have basic numerical skills and a good understanding of the English language.
If you have any questions please contact us.
After successful completion, you could set up your own payroll business, or offer a payroll service for a bookkeeping and accountancy practice.
You can take the exam from home by assignment.
You have 14 days to access the exam once you’ve applied for it, and 24 hours to complete the paper once you have started it. Results can take up to 28 days.
The cost of exams can increase at the discretion of the awarding body (ICB). If you include the exam fees as part of your enrolment, we will pay for all exam fees up to the agreed value at the time of purchase, but you would need to pay for any subsequent increase.
Want more flexibility?
Our tutor support timeframes are deliberately generous and far exceed what most students need.
Most of our students finish well in advance of the course duration. But what happens if you do need a little longer?
This is where our course extension options come into play. We offer one-month, three-month, and six-month extensions so you can feel reassured by knowing that if you do need extra time you have that option.
Course package options
Spread payments over 3 years
Our finance option is provided in partnership with Omni Capital. For your finance application to be considered you must meet the following criteria:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Be employed for at least 16 hours per week or retired and in receipt of a private or company pension. Certain state benefit schemes may be considered.
- Be a permanent UK resident with a 3 year address history
- Have a good credit history with no late payments, debt relief orders or bankruptcies
- Have a valid email address and can access it
Please note that meeting the criteria listed above does not guarantee finance acceptance.
If you want to enrol on a course and you have questions about your Omni Capital application or want to discuss other payment options please call us on 0800 594 2822.
Find a course with the same standards and extra content for a better price and we will provide your course for free.