The terms “Training Link” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Unit 2, 71 Hill Village Road, Four Oaks, B75 5BH. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website or the person responsible for payments in relation to a credit agreement.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Training Link’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
We understand that life (and circumstances) can at times be very demanding, and with this in mind we can extend the duration of your course, or put support on hold for a negotiated period of time, providing that we have been notified of such circumstances within the original period of study time specified for the current module. Notification beyond the original period will not be accepted.
Awarding bodies such as ICB can make changes to the qualification requirements resulting in students having to complete further levels of study. We will notify students who are actively learning of any such changes and any extra courses that may have to be purchased. Discounts will be available in order to help with continuation of study.
- As part of our terms, you may cancel all or part of your program of study at any time before you receive any course materials associated with a single course or a package of courses and you will receive a full refund of all amounts paid.
- During the first seven days after receiving your course materials, you may cancel your course in writing and return the course materials at your own expense. So long as we then receive the course materials in good condition, within 21 days of you receiving your courses, you will receive a full refund of all amounts paid. We suggest using special or recorded delivery to ensure it is returned. Alternatively you can swap your course materials for a course of the same value.
Monthly Payment Plans:
In the case where a student opts for a monthly payment scheme a Credit Agreement between Training Link (the Lender) and the Customer yourself (the borrower) will be set up by which the Company agrees to lend and the Borrower agrees to borrow the amount of any credit shown on the following terms and conditions:
The student is requested to quote his/her Agreement/College Number in all communications with the Lender. This number will be issued along with your courseware.
In the case of any changes in the student’s name or address, the student must notify the Lender immediately.
As part of these terms you agree to pay the Lender the balance payable by the agreed instalments and at the times shown on Direct Debit, Bankers Order or Credit/Debit card withdrawal form, or at such other times as we may notify you, having regard to your wishes.
If you are late in paying any instalment, you will pay us, if we so require a late payment fee of no less than £35 and have all rights to courseware, support and services suspended, or in extreme cases, cancelled with no refunds due.
If you have chosen to pay by Debit/Credit Card instalments then the first payment of the plan will be taken on the date you purchase the product. The remaining instalments will be taken on one of two dates depending on first initial payment. Either 1st or 15th of the month.
- If the invoice date is 22nd May, then the additional monthly instalments will be taken from your debit/credit card starting 1st July, 1st August etc.
- If you purchase on the 10th May then start of the monthly payments would be 15th June.
Please contact us as soon as possible if you are issued with a new card so we can update our payment schedule records. The same applies with a change of address.
A repayment term represents your period of study, and as such, courseware will only be sent out providing sufficient payments have been made to cover Training Links expenses. Training Link reserve the right to withhold courseware, tutor support, exams and certificates until such time that sufficient payments have been made. To summarise this statement, you must expect the duration of your studies to be no less than your repayment period.
Non-Payment of Course Fees:
If you are paying by instalments and your card is declined or a standing order is not paid, we will have the right under these terms to cancel your course and/or take legal proceedings against you. It is the borrowers responsibility to ensure that all payments are made to the lender on time.
Your support and certification rights will be suspended until the full amount of the course is paid for. The same applies if you finish the course before your final payment is made, then no certificates are issued until the full amount has been received.
Please note that even if you choose not to continue with the course at any time, the whole amount outstanding is still due, as all tutor fees have been paid; you have entered into a legally binding contract to pay the full amount.
This does not apply in cases where a complaint has ruled in your favour. Complaints procedures will be provided with all credit agreements and can only apply to situations where Training Link are in breach of their contract with you.
Drawing from over 15 years of experience in providing tutor support for Sage and Bookkeeping courses, we feel that we have developed the most efficient and effective methods of delivering this support.
All courses provided by Training Link lead to skills and qualifications associated with professional careers in bookkeeping and Accounts, and as you would expect, our tutors are fully qualified and conduct themselves in a professional manner. Therefore our terms and conditions are as follows:
E-mail is very often abused in terms of how people address each other; although correspondence between friends is usually informal, the fact remains that when sending an e-mail it is classified as an official document and its contents can be used as evidence in a dispute. With this in mind, and in order to correspond in a manner fitting with the course you are studying, we have laid down the following terms and conditions which form part of your contract with us (the Training Provider).
- All students to address their Tutor by name.
- All students to sign off with their full name on all correspondence.
- All e-mails must be treated as a professional document, therefore must not contain mobile phone style texting abbreviations and should be politely written.
- All details of course, chapter and page must be given when requesting help (if applicable); please be specific and provide as much detail as possible relating to the problem or question. This also applies when sending work for marking via email or post to your Tutor.
- Support is available from 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday. Support outside these hours is provided, but it is purely voluntary and at the discretion of the Tutor and Technical Support team.
- Telephone support is not provided as standard, as 95% of the time you will require a written answer to your question. Training Link do however reserve the right to contact a student by telephone at a convenient time to you if written help is not sufficient enough to resolve a problem.
- Contacting Training Links office in relation to a support issue will result in you being informed to contact your tutor via the method laid out in your course notes and instructions.
- Before contacting support please ensure that you have thoroughly read through your documentation and also the Course notes and Instructions in order to avoid embarrassment. Course notes and Instructions are provided to aid you in your studies and also outline the processes for you (and ourselves) to follow.
- Any abusive or disrespectful email or call may result in instant suspension of Tutor Support, or even risk the maximum penalty of expulsion from your studies without a refund.
Training Link is committed to protecting your privacy online. Our policy explains how we will do this.
What information do we collect?
We collect email, home addresses and telephone numbers.
How do we use your information?
We use the information to help us understand more about how our web site is used, pages that get visited etc. It is information we use to help improve our site.
When do we share information?
We follow strict security procedures for storing and disclosing information you give us, as required by the United Kingdom Data Protection Acts of 1998. Registered with ICO – Register entry Z6670133
We do not sell or share your personal information to others.
Some of our products are hosted by third parties, but we agree with those third parties that they will keep your information secure and not use it for other purposes.
If we believe that your use of the site is unlawful or damaging to others, we reserve the right to disclose the information we have obtained through the site about you to the extent that it is reasonably necessary in our opinion to prevent, remedy or take action in relation to such conduct.
All personal and credit card information is encoded using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology before being sent over the Internet. To protect your data further, your credit card information is always stored in encrypted form in a database that is away from our Web site database, so it isn’t connected to the Internet. Credit card transactions are issued a digital certificate, ensuring that your data can only be read by our transaction system as long as your browser shows its secure mode symbol (such as a key or closed lock).
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998
Copyright and Trade Marks
All materials on this web site are the copyright of Training Link, or are reproduced with permission from other copyright owners. All rights are reserved. The materials on this web site may be retrieved and used for personal use. No materials may otherwise be copied, modified, published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written permission of Training Link.
Links to other web sites are provided by Training Link in good faith and for information only. Under these terms, Training Link disclaims any responsibility for the materials contained in any web site linked to this site.
If you feel at any point that you are not happy with the service or conduct provided by your tutor or any member of staff, you will be provided with details on who to contact in your study pack. You will be required to provide full details of your complaint including your name, course and level of study plus the staff member or tutors’ name. Your case will be reviewed and if required a full investigation into your complaint will be carried out.
All e-mail, written and verbal correspondence will be examined as part of this investigation. You will be kept informed of any decisions relating to your complaint and any actions (if any) are to be taken.
We at Training Link will adhere to our contract with you in providing a professional and efficient service at all times.
At the end of the day, if we have happy students we also have happy tutors.
We hope you enjoy your studies with us and wish you every luck and success in the future.