The ICB believe that sound financial management can have a profound effect on society at a personal, professional and global level. They are passionate about empowering students of all ages and backgrounds to learn new skills, find fulfilling employment or set up their own businesses. By creating a pool of highly qualified bookkeeping talent, the Institute endeavour to help business owners take control of their finances at the right cost and, in turn, support the economy as a whole.
Other benefits of membership are:
- Membership certificate sealed by the Institute
- Membership card
- Access to the ‘members only’ section on the Institute’s web site
- Notification of Bookkeeping Job Vacancies in your area
- Free Technical advice line covering all aspects of bookkeeping
- Free legal advice line for business and personal usage
- Free access to technical and legal downloads
- Free updates on changes to legislation which might affect bookkeeping
- Free advice and guidance on setting up a private practice (Self Employed)
- Free information on employment opportunities which arise
- Regional meetings
- CPD (continuing professional development) seminars
- Access to ICB Plus – Exclusive offers on professional and everyday products and services
Much has changed in the way a business operates financially, with a variety of methods available for making/receiving payments. Added to that, the ever changing legislation and taxation that they have to deal with. Businesses have to adapt to new trading methods and legal standards in line with ever changing legislation and tax laws. If not, they risk facing heavy penalties and fines, or even worse, go out of business.
The ICB syllabus ensures that whether you wish to:
- complete your own bookkeeping and accounts
- or if you’re seeking employment in bookkeeping and accounts
- or even if you’re planning to trade as a self-employed bookkeeper
you are fully prepared and will understand a range of topics in line with the latest occupational and industry standards.
ICB membership can be awarded based on qualifications from other accredited bookkeeping and accounting bodies, or based on relevant prior work experience and competence, without the need to take ICB assessments. If you would like more information on exemptions, please click here.
Sign up to one of our courses and gain access to our Online Enhanced Learning Resource, offering you e-books, extra lessons, tests and much more. Click the following image to watch our “Introduction to ROGO” video: –
Courses can be taken as individual modules or as complete packages. Packages are available at heavily discounted rates where you can save up to 60% on course fees.
Please note: Whilst not a requirement, throughout your learning journey we always recommend that you take the ICB mock exams prior to taking the formal exams. These, plus any resits that need to be taken are at an additional cost.