Financial Statements (for Small and Micro Businesses)
This unit has been accredited by the CPD Certification Service.
When you have completed this CPD Unit, you will have a better understanding of how to prepare the final Financial Statements for limited companies in accordance with FRS105 and FRS102 Section 1A.
Accredited by the CPD Certification Service, this course carries 160 CPD points.
Once complete, you will receive the appropriate certification from the CPD Certification Service.
You will receive comprehensive study material containing lessons, examples and activities. You also get access to our e-learning platform which contains your assessments.
- Printed Workbook containing lessons, examples and tasks
- 24/7 Online assessments with instant marking
- Final assessment with tutor feedback
- Up to 6 months Award Winning Qualified 1-to-1 tutor support by e-mail and telephone
- Explain the purpose of financial statements, the legal framework that govern these and the role of accounting standards
- Explain the statutory returns that need to be made for an incorporated entity
- Explain the objectives of financial statements and their use and users
- Explain the objectives of Internal Management Accounting
Limited Company Financial Statements
- Prepare Financial Statements for a Limited Company and/or a Limited Liability Partnership to ensure they comply with the relevant Accounting Standards and Company Legislation
- Explain the elements of company finance
An introduction to Consolidation (Group Accounts)
- Explain the general principles of consolidation and prepare a set of Group Accounts to include both a Subsidiary and an Associate under FRS102 Section 9. Note: this is a voluntary disclosure under FRS 102 Section 1 (A)
The Statement of Cash Flows
- Explain the purpose of the Statement of Cash Flows and prepare the Statement based on FRS102 Section 7.
Interpretation of Financial Statements
- Analyse and interpret Limited Company Financial Statements using Performance Indicators and Ratio Analysis
Approximately 60 to 80 hours of active study time.
No exams are required.